Tuesday, 18 December 2007

I sometimes wonder if we deserve to exist anymore

Just watching a program about "Extreme Porn" - not quite sure what I was expecting, but I got a lot more. 'Crushing' porn is a new one on me - taping/gluing small animals to a board and then crushing them under a high heel or bare feet. I don't know how this is supposed to titillate, but it has actually made me feel sick - I thought fecal freaks were as sick as it got, but this really is something else. Next the program is covering the market for 'violent rape' porn.

I'm sure I could make a very clever moral relatavist argument for why it's not actually 'wrong', but I can't even begin to think how this sort of stuff is acceptable - philosophy be damned, this is fucked up. With all the technology we have in the world, we're using it to distribute animal snuff porn on the internet. Apparently rapists are now filming themselves assaulting prostitutes and putting it on the web.

Sometimes we are shown the absolute bottom of the pus-filled pit of human nature. I'm an atheist, but I can see why fear of eternal damnation might be a good thing.

Sick to my stomach.

No comments: