Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Guess who's back... navel gazing

I wanted to start writing again, and remembered that I had this outlet available to me. Every day i get a desire to write, and then I let it subside and I let other things take priority - and then writing becomes a luxury that I can afford to be without. I realised today that it really isn't a luxury - if thoughts are not expressed, then they can just become emotional junk; it's the process of turning thoughts into coherent communication that allows me to take an objective position and work out if I'm right or not.

I haven't looked back through this blog yet, so I only have vague recollections of where I was. Maybe that's the value of diaries/blogs - not so much a record of what you did, but a record of where you were mentally. I think I was in a pretty good place mentally when I came to Canada, but I continued to evolve. To me, the biggest compliment I can give myself is 'you've changed since last year' - self-actualisation and personal growth are my prime motivators in everything i do.

Speaking personal evolution and change - some people really need to learn about correct dosing. I'm not going to get all pious here, many of us have overindulged with one narcotic or another (alcohol being the most likely) - but this kid really needs to get a clue. When you've taken so many pills that you can no longer walk, you've taken too many.



What really gets to me with this clip is the lack of compassion from the people standing around - at some point the festival scene stopped being a fun sharing vibe (Im talking back in the 90s), and just become a venue for people to get fucked up and stay in the same social armour that they wear the rest of the time. The change coincided with the resurgence of beer at these events. Pretty sad.

No comments: