
Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005
Sigh - Mitch Hedberg is one of my favourite comedians. I only just found out that he died from a drugs overdose two years ago. Usually when I listen to comedians on my own, I just laugh quietly to myself - but he makes me laugh out loud, to the point of tears at times :) If you do drugs you're bad, but people like Mitch Hedberg and Bill Hicks show, you can also be real funny.
" When I was a boy, I laid my twin size bed wonderin' where my brother was..."
" I went to a doctor. All he did was suck blood from of my neck. Don't go to see Dr. Acula!"
"I mumble a lot offstage, I’m a mumbler. If I’m walking with a friend and I say something, he won’t hear me. He’ll say, "What?" So I’ll say it again, but once again he doesn’t hear me, so he says, "What?" But really it’s just some insignificant shit that I’m saying, but now I’m yelling, "That tree is far away!""
"I have a friend who is a juggler. When I go to his house, I don't like to take food from him if it is in threes. He has three apples left ... I guess I can't have one... Won't want to fuck up the practice routine."
"I had a job interview at an insurance company once and the lady said, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" I said, "Celebrating the fifth year anniversary of you asking me this question.""
"I wake up in the morning, I make instant oatmeal in the morning then I don't do shit for an hour. Makes me wonder why I need the instant oatmeal. I could make the regular oatmeal and feel productive."
"One time a guy handed me a picture, "Here's a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. Here's a picture of me when I am older. You son of a bitch! How'd you pull that off? Lemme see that camera. What's it look like?..."
Sad he's gone but laughing at the jokes :) My favourite of all time:
"I once bought an ant farm, but I was disappointed. They didn't grow shit."
1 comment:
I'm glad he left some good things behind... the world needs all the laughs it can get.
Don't do drugs! LOL!
Post a Comment