Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Thoughts on commitment


"What's important to you? That is the question.

Commitment will give you a headache every now and then.
New pussy always clears your mind.

But you've got to think about life in the long term. People tell you that life is short. No it's not. Life is long. Especially if you've made the wrong decisions.

And in the long term, if you're sick, is new pussy going to take care of you? No.

If you're hungry, is new pussy going to feed you? New pussy can't cook!


If you've got a baby, is new pussy going to teach him how to read? New pussy's illiterate!

So you've got to come back to commitment, and turn this old pussy into new pussy. You've got to recycle the pussy!" - Chris Rock

Not something I'm struggling with, but after a conversation with a friend last night it brought back a lot of bad memories from the breakdown of my marriage. Once you you've fucked around, that's it for the relationship. Are you going to spend your life lying to the person you love? If a major component of love is respect, how can you be in love with someone who you're hiding your behaviour from? It's a maggot in the core, and eventually the whole apple turns bad. That feeling when you bite in and see half a maggot? That's what it's like when you're first unfaithful - you can't go back. The taste will stay with you forever.

Most importantly, fucking around damages you. It blackens the soul and makes you feel ashamed - you might not acknowledge it, you might pretend that it's ok, that you'll be faithful once it gets serious. But there's always a moment when you look in the mirror and you know what you are. It doesn't make for pleasant viewing.

One of my friends is polyamorous - he made a telling comment about monogamous relationships: "Don't live a lie - why bother with something that is based on deceit?". He doesn't believe people are supposed to be monogamous, and he lives his lfe accordingly. He's open and honest about it, and he's never misled anyone. You might not agree with his beliefs or his choices, but you can respect the fact that he doesn't lie about it. He can look in the mirror. I like being able to look in the mirror - I like having a bulletproof relationship. Funny thing is, now he's with someone he desperately loves, the polyamory seems to have faded - they might share things sexually, but there's only one woman for him (two if you count Babalon). True love has no room for extras.

If you're invulnerable to outside attacks because of the strength of your pairing, why would you sabotage it from the inside? I'm no saint, I've done some pretty reprehensible things in the past - but that gives me strength now. I know what it is like to fuck up a relationship, I'm not going back to those dark days ever again.

Life is long - live it the best way you can. Short term animalistic gain is not worth the loss of a cultivated soul. I am becoming the best I can possibly be, and that's because of the rock solid foundations that have been laid. Now I'm starting to build on them with my lover, and I can already tell it's going to be magnificent.

Know thy will
93 93 93

1 comment:

Technodoll said...

Amen to that and a *high five* too!

Funny how some of the most miserable people are the ones that try the hardest to convince everyone their life is so great. They might be better off spending their energy into _making_ it great by not fucking it up.

You want new pussy? Fine. Admit it, get single, get the new cat and enjoy that for what it is. Just don't lie to the one you're supposed to be one with... cuz you're only lying to yourself.

And that's some baaad joojoo.